Tuesday, July 12, 2005

BBC NEWS | UK | London blasts: 'People were screaming'

Last Updated: Thursday, 7 July, 2005, 10:51 GMT 11:51 UK

London blasts: 'People were screaming'

The blasts caused panic across London

At least 50 people have been killed and hundreds injured, some seriously, after a series of explosions on London's underground network.

BBC News website reader Scott Wenbourne was on the train travelling in to Aldgate station when there was an explosion in the carriage in front of him.

It was about 8.50am when it happened. I was one carriage down from where it happened and had my back to the carriage door.

All of a sudden there was a loud bang and a flash of bright light. It threw me to the floor in the middle of the train.

At first some people thought it wasn't serious, perhaps just a minor derailment, although some people were screaming.

But straight away, as soon I hit the floor my first thought was 'it's a bomb', although I can't be sure.
It all happened in slow motion, I thought the windows would blow through.

More

No comments: